Custom Alcantara Steering Wheel Cover for Ford Mustang
Improve the thickness and grip of your steering wheel while also protecting it with this fully customizable Alcantara steering wheel cover. Alcantara is lighter, more stain-resistant, and more durable than natural suede. It also has more grip, is lighter in color and is made in Italy.
The kit comes with everything you need to install this cover yourself including:
- Precision cut Alcantara specifically to fit your wheel
- Red thread
- Tucking tool
- Double sided adhesive
Installation is fairly straightforward and takes about one hour. This is not a universal fitting cover - it is precision cut specifically for your wheel shape and is stitched over your current wheel. Full step by step instructions are included.
*Please allow an extra 5-7 days for us to craft your cover before shipping out.
Paddle Shifter Extension Installation
Paddle shifters with double-sided adhesive:
- Align your new paddles over your stock paddles to confirm fitment first,
- If they fit, clean the surface of your OEM paddles and let dry,
- Ensure tape and OEM paddle is at least 60F - 75F. Cold weather may result in poor adhesiveness,
- Peel back the double-sided adhesive off your new paddles,
- Align and hold down firmly for 30 seconds,
- Repeat for other side.
Here's a guide showing how to install your paddle shifters: [DSG Paddles Installation]
Paddle shifters with grub screws:
- Ensure all screws are sitting in the new paddle but not fully engaged
- Align the new paddle over your OEM paddle and tighten each of the screws. The screws only need to be tightened enough to grasp the paddle, not to dig into it.
- Repeat for other side.
Full replacement paddle shifters:
Tools required: Long nose pliers.
Time required: 3 minutes.
Step 1: Turn your steering wheel upside down and locate the pin underneath your OEM paddle shifter.
Step 2: Gently pull out and remove the paddle shifter pin using a pair of long nose pliers.
Step 3: Gently wriggle off the OEM paddle and replace with your new aluminum paddle then reinstall the pivot pin and push it all the way in.
Step 4: Repeat for the other side. Done!
Steering Wheel Cover Installation:
Here's a quick video showing how to install a steering wheel cover on a VW MK7 GTI. The same installation steps apply to all makes and models.
We offer fully customized Alcantara, suede, leather steering wheel covers with any color stitching and 12 o'clock markers.