GTI Clubsport MK7 Steering Wheel Cover
Improve the thickness and feel of your wheel while also protecting it with this GTI Clubsport style steering wheel cover. It comes with a red 12 o'clock marker, red stitching and is available in suede or alcantara. The kit comes with everything you need to install this yourself.
Installation is straightforward but takes around two hours. We recommend having an auto upholstery install this cover for you if you are not confident in doing it yourself.
Want to spice it up? We can do nearly any stitching color or 12 o'clock marker - just email us before ordering to fully customize your steering wheel cover.
Please list your car year, model and transmission at checkout to be sure to receive the correct cover.
Add 3 days to delivery estimate to allow for customization.
Paddle Shifter Extension Installation
Paddle shifters with double-sided adhesive:
- Align your new paddles over your stock paddles to confirm fitment first,
- If they fit, clean the surface of your OEM paddles and let dry,
- Peel back the double-sided adhesive off your new paddles,
- Align and hold down firmly for 30 seconds,
- Repeat for other side.
Here's a guide showing how to install your paddle shifters: [DSG Paddles Installation]
Paddle shifters with grub screws:
- Ensure all screws are sitting in the new paddle but not fully engaged
- Align the new paddle over your OEM paddle and tighten each of the screws. The screws only need to be tightened enough to grasp the paddle, not to dig into it.
- Repeat for other side.
Full replacement paddle shifters:
- Turn your steering wheel until it is upside down.
- Locate the pivot pin from the bottom of your OEM paddle shifter.
- Gently pull out and remove the OEM paddle shifter pivot pin using a pair of pliers.
- Gently wriggle off the OEM paddle and replace with your new aluminum paddle.
- Reinstall the pivot pin by inserting from the top and pushing down.
Steering Wheel Cover Installation:
Here's a quick video showing how to install a steering wheel cover on a VW MK7 GTI. The same installation steps apply to all makes and models.
We offer fully customized Alcantara, suede, leather steering wheel covers with any color stitching and 12 o'clock markers.
Same product that I have expected
I purchased the Mk7 GTI steering wheel cover for my 2015 GLI and it was a perfect fit, ... install was straight forward and not bad at all. Installed in about 3 hours, but I have ocd and I really take my time. I love the feel and look of the cover and it looks factory installed. It really goes well with dsg paddles.
I attached it to polo Mk6 GTI and it matched perfectly.
It feels very good and looks cool.
I'm living in Japan now and it was my first time shopping from an overseas shop, so I was worried if my order would arrive well.
However, there was a confirmation from dsg paddles about the order, and I was very worried.I felt it was a very sincere shop.
I thought that's exactly what a good company makes.
I don't know if it's being communicated well, but I love this product and this company.
（However, after installing the steering cover, I uploaded a photo to the instagram with a hash tag of dsg paddles, but I am glad they did not respond.）